SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (Aug. 6, 2015) — Federal-Mogul Motorparts recently awarded scholarships worth $2,500 each to 12 students enrolled in automotive technology programs across the U.S.
Recipients of the scholarships, which Federal-Mogul established in conjunction with its new Garage Gurus technical education network, are as follows:
- Austin Cadman, Colorado Springs, Colo., New Mexico Junior College;
- Scott Cleaver, Council Bluffs, Iowa, Iowa Western Community College;
- Bridget Clifford, California, Mo., University of Northwestern Ohio;
- Jessica Fluhr, East Bardstown, Ky., Elizabethtown Comm. and Tech. College;
- Aidan Hicks, Eden Prairie, Minn., Dunwoody College of Technology;
- Summer Miller, Decatur, Texas, Brookhaven College;
- Daniel Mojica, Kissimmee, Fla., Universal Technical Institute;
- Alexander Morais, Danbury, Conn., Universal Technical Institute;
- Robert Morantes, South Lyon, Mich., Henry Ford College;
- Christopher Polcar, Olmsted Falls, Ohio, University of Northwestern Ohio;
- Billy Tipton, Green Mountain, N.C., Asheville-Buncombe Tech. Comm. College; and
- Thomas Wee, Pittsburgh, Rosedale Technical College.
“As one of the auto care industry's leading suppliers of premium branded parts, we embrace the responsibility to help attract and support each new generation of talented automotive service professionals,” said Brent Berman, director, training and consumer experience for Federal-Mogul Motorparts.
“We look forward to the day when each of these students begins their career in the service bay, and hope they will take advantage of the ongoing technical education we provide to working professionals through the Garage Gurus network.”
According to Federal-Mogul, Garage Gurus is a first-of-its-kind technical education network established to help professional techs keep pace with the latest vehicle technologies. Garage Gurus training centers have opened in seven major U.S. markets, offering a combined reach of more than 67,000 vehicle repair businesses.
The network provides “onsite, online and on-demand training,” Federal-Mogul said, developed and led by ASE-certified “gurus.” It also operates a fleet of “Gurus-On-The-Go” product technology vans that visit thousands of automotive service locations.
To learn more about the Federal-Mogul Motorparts scholarship program and Garage Gurus technical education network, visit the Garage gurus website.