SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (Aug. 4, 2015) — Federal-Mogul Motorparts' Champion spark plug brand is giving car and truck enthusiasts the opportunity to help pick the grand-prize winner of the Champion “King of the Road” contest.
The top 10 finalists were selected over a 10-week voting period by enthusiasts via the Champion website, with each finalist receiving a $500 cash prize before moving into the final voting round. Beginning Aug. 3, enthusiasts can cast their votes for one of the finalists to win a $5,000 grand prize and the title “King of the Road,” Federal-Mogul said.
Those interested can vote online through 8:59 a.m. ET, Aug. 17. The grand-prize winner will be announced Aug. 24.
The finalists are:
- Daphne Norris, Bryceville, Fla. — 1965 Ford Mustang
- Tim Kowalchick, Jacksonville, Fla. — 1967 Chevrolet Camaro
- Kevin Henry, St. Marys, Ga. — 2007 Dodge Ram
- Mark Ritter, Lakewood, Colo. — 1969 Dodge Super Bee
- James Laurita, Commack, N.Y. — 1970 Ford Torino Scramjet
- Eron Paaso, St. Marys, Ga. — 2015 Dodge Dart GT
- Eddie Campbell, Pikeville, Ky. — 1970 Chevrolet CST/10
- Robert Atkinson, Jacksonville, Fla. — 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T
- Tanya Morewood, Tottenham, Ontario — 2007 Dodge Charger
- Mike Ashley, Fruit Cove, Fla. — 1967 Chevrolet Impala SS convertible
“Our 10 finalists have maintained some amazing cars and trucks, and it's easy to see the passion they all share. It's evident in their work,” said Jessica Wynn, global director, digital marketing and strategy, Federal-Mogul Motorparts.
“That same passion exists behind the Champion spark plug brand, and we look forward to this exciting time of year when we can name one of them our ‘King of the Road.'”