FAIRFIELD, Calif. (July 28, 2015) — East Bay Tire Co. is expanding its Dawg Pound Tires line, which is manufactured exclusively for the company as construction, industrial and agricultural tires and tire products.
The brand's expansion includes a radial OTR tire — the Rock Dawg Radial — which East Bay claims is one of the most requested tires in the Dawg Pound line up, as well as premium TBR tires.
The Rock Dawg Radial's features include a wear and cut resistant tread compound and fortified tapered tread for more even wear. East Bay said the tire is suitable for loaders and articulated dumpers, has a 2-star ply rating and self-cleaning tread design and is available in a variety of sizes.
The commercial truck tires added to the line include the Urban Dawg, Rural Dawg, Drive Dawg and Trailer Dawg. The Fairfield-based distributor described them as diverse, offering “modern and efficient tread designs, superior traction and maneuverability.” Additionally, they are backed by a two-cap retread warranty and “generous” casing allowance, with select tire sizes being Smartway approved, according to the company.
“Due to the brand's overwhelming success and demand in the market, adding these premium tires was a natural next step for the line,” said George Pehanick, East Bay Tire CEO.
“We took our time researching manufacturers to partner with and are pleased to have found one that is a great fit for our company, and who is also focused on maintaining the highest levels of quality and performance for these new products.”
The company did not reveal the tire's manufacturer.
The new lines come in the following sizes:
Rock Dawg Radial:
- Urban Dawg:
- Urban Dawg DPT 201 215/75R17.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 201 235/75R17.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 201 255/70R22.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 221 295/75R22.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 221 11R22.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 221 11R24.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 221 285/75R24.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 231 225/70R19.5
- Urban Dawg DPT 231 12R22.5
- Trailer Dawg:
- Trailer Dawg DPT 101 11R22.5—Smartway approved
- Trailer Dawg DPT 101 295/75R22.5—Smartway approved
- Rural Dawg DPT 251 1100R20 (TTF)
- Drive Dawg DPT 301 11R22.5
- Drive Dawg DPT 301 295/75R22.5
- Drive Dawg DPT 301 11R24.5
- Drive Dawg DPT 301 285/75R24.5
The Dawg Pound Tires brand launched in 1994 and is “known widely for being tough, reliable, and cost-effective,” said John Hulsey, East Bay Tire wholesale general manager. “Dawg Pound Tires has evolved into a global brand competing at the level of some of the top name brands in the world.”