FREEPORT, Ill.—Titan Tire Corp. has restarted production of Goodyear-brand ATV and UTV tire designs at its Freeport plant for the first time since 2009.
The move is in line with an agreement with Goodyear signed last August and includes run-flat versions for the first time.
“There's a growing customer demand for high-quality, American-made tires that can cater to a wide range of two- and four-wheel drive ATV and UTV applications,” said Holly O'Neill, consumer sales specialist at Titan International.
“With industry-exclusive designs—like our Extended Mobility Technology with run-flat capabilities—and a range of unique tread styles, we feel strongly that the Goodyear ATV lineup is well-suited to meet the needs in the market, and we're happy to bring the line back into production.”
Titan has nearly 70 sizes and styles of Goodyear ATV tires in production at the Freeport plant.
Titan is offering six lines of ATV/UTV tires:
- Tracker—Designed with five tread-style variations for versatile performance in snow, mud or utility applications. Sizes range from AT22x10-9 to AT27x12-12;
- Rawhide—Available in self-cleaning, deep-tread styles for gaining traction and flotation in challenging conditions, such as mud, clay, sand and bogs. Sizes range from 21x11.00-8 NHS to 26x11-12;
- ATT—Created for two- and four-wheel drive ATVs that require performance in the areas of traction, steering response and ride comfort. Sizes range from AT25x11-9 to 25x10-12;
- Wrangler Sport—Design offers a combination of traction, steering and ride comfort for recreation and trail riding. Sizes range from AT22x8-10 to 24x11.00-10;
- Runamuck—Sized and designed for flotation in extremely wet, swampy or sandy conditions, the Runamuck has self-cleaning capabilities and is available in 22x10.00-8 NHS; and
- Compass Terra—Designed with a rugged cord body that resists bruising and punctures in order to perform on rough back roads and trails. Available in size AT21x11-8.
The Tracker P, Tracker Mud-runner, Tracker WS and Rawhide ATT can be equipped with Goodyear EMT run-flat capability. The EMT design has a sidewall insert that extends to the centerline, yielding puncture-resistance and providing the tire with the structural stiffness necessary to perform without air pressure, Titan said.
The patented design allows tires to run up to 50 miles at 25 mph with run-flat capability. A patented bead configuration prevents the tire from slipping off the wheel during run-flat conditions.
Titan has held rights to the Goodyear brand in farm tires, including the ATV/UTV segment, since late 2005. Titan also makes and sells a full line of Titan-brand ATV tires.