PANAMA CITY, Panama—The Latin American & Caribbean Tyre Expo has scheduled a two-hour educational program during its conference and trade show July 16-18 at the Atlapa Convention Center in Panama City.
Speakers will be:
- David Shaw, head of research at Tire Industry Research, who will talk about “China's Tire Industry and Its Place in the World of Tires”;
- Luis Carlos Rodriguez, regional sales manager, Bosch Automotive Service Solutions, who will discuss “New Techniques of Alignment and Balance to Extend the Life of a Tire”;
- Jean Alexander Barros, commercial coordinator for Vipal Rubber Corp., discussing the “Benefits of Renovating and Retreading Tires”;
- Heriberto Romero, general director of Hules Banda S.A. de C.V., who will present on “What Should I Do with My Renewing Tire Plant”;
- David Stevens, managing director, Tire Retread and Repairing Information Bureau, who will provide “A Look Inside a Modern Retread Plant”; and
- David Zielasko, editor and VP/publisher of Tire Business newspaper, who will discuss “Reporting on the Tire Industry in Latin America — Tire Business' new e-newsletter for the tire industry and tire dealerships in Mexico and Latin America.”
Expo CEO Gustavo Lima will moderate the educational session, which runs from 10 a.m. to noon on July 17. Marco Zigni, president of Latin Expo Group L.L.C., will conclude the program with a closing statement.
Educational program attendees will have the chance to win an Apple iPad mini.
On the 16th there will be an Inaugural Party celebrating the Expo's opening. It will take place from 5 to 7 p.m. on the second floor of the Atlapa Convention Center and features a bar, cocktails, appetizers and live music.
As of April 7, the expo's trade show was nearly sold out with more than 195 companies exhibiting and 95 percent of available booth space reserved, according to organizers.
Exhibitors this year include: Triangle Tyre Co. Ltd.; Aeolus Tyre Co. Ltd.; Robert Bosch Panama S.A.; Sailun Tire Co. Ltd.; Antariyamin Latino America; Apollo International Ltd.; BuyBigTires.com; Carlisle Tire & Wheel; Deestone Ltd; Elgi Rubber Co. LLC.; Euromaster S.A. / Michelin; Evergreen Global (United Tyres); Evergreen Tyre Co. Ltd.; Federal Corp.; Hules Banda S.A. de C.V.; Industrias de Hule Galgo; JK Tyre - JK Tornel; Kenda Rubber Ind. Co. Ltd.; Lakin Tire; Nankang Rubber Tire; Ravaglioli S.p.A.; and 2 Crave Alloys.
For more information contact: www.latintyreexpo.com.