RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (April 9, 2015) — Falken Tire Corp. said it has launched its most diverse and extensive motorsports program in the history of the company, with an expanded focus on grassroots events.
“Falken has built a reputation for performance both on the track and in the desert, and this will continue throughout 2015,” said Rick Brennan, executive director of marketing at Falken Tire. “After an action-packed first quarter, we've already enjoyed great success with both our Azenis and Wildpeak tires, and thanks to the dedication and talent of our teams and drivers we should not be strangers on the podiums for the remainder of the year. As always, the lessons we learn from competing on track and in the dirt will shape the next generation of Falken consumer tires.”
Falken Tire's 2015 motorsports program includes:
- IMSA United SportsCar Series (TUSC) — The Falken team competes in the GT-LeMans class in a Porsche 911 RSR with drivers Wolf Henzler, Patrick Long and Bryan Sellers.
- Formula DRIFT — Falken tires compete in the Formula DRIFT Pro Championship and has become the most successful tire brand in Formula DRIFT with 21 event victories and two championships, the company said. Four drivers will compete this year on Falken Azenis RT615k tires: Daijiro Yoshihara, the 2011 Formula Drift champion; Justin Pawlak; Tyler McQuarrie; and Pat Goodin.
- Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) — Falken is adding new contingency programs for driving enthusiasts competing in SCCA autocross events across the country. Contingency awards are now available for drivers utilizing the Falken Azenis RT615K tire in the SCCA National Tour, SCCA ProSolo and the SCCA TireRack National Championship.
- Pro Touring — Falken will serve as the road course sponsor of the Optima Ultimate Street Car Association (USCA) and the season-ending Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational, as well as serve as an event sponsor for the Good Guys AutoCross. In both series, Falken RT615K tires will be used by drivers Brian Hobaugh, Mike Maier, Chris “Smitty” Smith, Bret Voelkel and Marry Pozzi.
- Ultra 4 Series — One of the toughest forms of racing on earth, Ultra 4 utilizes purpose built four-wheel-drive vehicles to traverse some of the harshest terrain found in North America. Race courses feature man-made and natural terrain, such as rock walls, combined with high-speed desert sections.
- SCORE International — Falken Tire will be represented for the first time in the off-road desert racing series, including the legendary Baja 500 and Baja 1000, by Brenthel Industries. Jonathon Brenthel will compete in Class 1 while Jordan Brenthel will compete in Spec Trophy Truck, with a Trophy Truck scheduled for debut at the Baja 1000.
- Best in the Desert — Falken Tire will debut in this event with drivers Jonathan and Jordan Brenthel using the Falken Wildpeak M/T 37x12.50R17 tires to compete in the Best in the Desert's Spec Trophy Truck class.
- W.E. Rock Crawling Championship — Falken will support several teams in the event where competitors must use technical savvy to achieve as fine a line through a course as possible and face penalties when they stray.
- Rally Aicha Des Gazelles du Muroc — The race in Morocco, North Africa brings together women between the ages of 18 and 65 to a two-week adventure in the Moroccan desert. Drivers Jessi Combs and Nicole Pitell are driving the CRC Total Chaos 2014 Toyota Tacoma on Falken Wildpeak A/T 185/70R16.