TMC preps for annual meeting
ARLINGTON, Va. (Feb. 2, 2015) — Fuel economy standards, alternative fuels, asset utilization and tire deployment will be among the key topics of discussion at the American Trucking Associations' (ATA) Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) annual meeting.
The TMC exhibition and meeting will be held Feb. 16-19 at the Music City Center in Nashville, Tenn.
“Important information on the latest in technology, regulatory news, industry best practices and the top trucking show of the year all come together at one venue,” said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics and TMC executive director.
“TMC's technical sessions and exhibit can help equip fleet managers with the knowledge they need to be more effective and more competitive in this ever-changing economic environment.”
ATA President and CEO Bill Graves said the association's annual gathering “promises to be the most important event of the year for trucking professionals interested in fuel, equipment and maintenance practices to improve efficiency and profitability of their fleets.”
The TMC's Transportation Technology Exhibition, held in conjunction with the annual meeting, is the first major truck exhibit of the year.
Nearly 400 exhibitors will showcase the latest models of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, specialty and alternative-fueled vehicles, components, safety, information technology and services.
Among the highlights of this year's TMC meeting are:
- “Green Trucks, Green Shops, Green Incentives,” a discussion of how to develop and implement an alternate fuel vehicle program;
- “Maximizing Asset Utilization: A Fleet-Service Provider Dialogue,” an examination of outsourced vehicle maintenance;
- TMC study group sessions on topics ranging from low-rolling resistance tires to heavy-duty vehicle fuel economy testing;
- An exhibit hall with nearly 400 exhibitors displaying the latest in industry technology, including an Alternate Fuels Pavilion providing one-stop shopping “for the fleet executive who wants to quickly get up to speed on all segments of the alternative fuels market”; and
- Featured speaker Donald Broughton, chief market strategist for Avondale Partners, providing a “bottoms-up” differentiated dissection of the U.S. economy and financial markets.
The ATA said TMC is offering a registration discount of up to $300 for first-time fleet attendees and a reduced rate for multiple attendees from the same fleet. Anyone interested should call TMC at 703-838-1763 to get a promo code for these special rates. The organization said registering online is the fastest and easiest way to sign up for the annual meeting. A meeting schedule, exhibitor prospectus, registration and lodging information are available on the TMC website.
The TMC describes itself as “America's premier technical society for truck equipment technology and maintenance professionals.” The council features a diverse membership of equipment managers, service-dealers, owner-operators, industry suppliers and manufacturers, educators, academia and others who support the trucking industry.
TMC member fleets represent a broad range of the industry, including truckload, less-than-truckload, municipal, private, on/off-highway, construction and other operations.
The ATA is the largest national trade association for the trucking industry, comprising a federation of 50 affiliated state trucking associations and industry-related conferences and councils.
Do you have an opinion about this story? Do you have some thoughts you'd like to share with our readers? Tire Business would love to hear from you. Email your letter to Editor Don Detore at [email protected].