BBB unveils Auto Resource Center
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (Jan. 16, 2015) — The Better Business Bureau (BBB) Serving Eastern Michigan has created the online BBB Auto Resource Center in order to deliver information consumers need more easily to make decisions about maintaining, buying, selling and insuring their vehicles.
The agency said it receives millions of inquiries per year from consumers looking to connect with trusted businesses and searching for tips on how to avoid scams and bad businesses. Nearly every year, automotive businesses are in the top three most inquired categories, the BBB said.
“People come to BBB for information on and assistance with many topics but consistently, the three main reasons they consult with us revolve around their three most significant concerns — their personal finances, their homes and their automobiles,” said Melanie Duquesnel, president and CEO of BBB Serving Eastern Michigan.
“Traditionally we have offered many resources to address financial issues and to connect consumers with trusted home contractors, but we have not had a dedicated place where we could direct all auto-related inquires. Seeing that Michigan is the home of the Motor City, we wanted to change that.”
The BBB's online Auto Resource Center offers consumers automotive tips and advice and helps connect consumers to trusted businesses in the automotive field, the agency said.
The site includes:
- First-time buyer's guide with tips on purchasing a vehicle for the first time.
- Direct access to a list of BBB Accredited Businesses in the auto field, such as, mechanics, auto dealers, detailers, car insurance agents, auto financing and body shops.
- BBB Auto Line, a dispute resolution program that helps to resolve lemon law complaints regarding car warranty issues against participating manufacturers.
- BBB accreditation for auto businesses
- Tips and advice on auto-related topics, such as avoiding repair scams, driving in winter weather, purchasing a used car, keeping down the cost of auto insurance, etc.
More information is on the Eastern Michigan BBB's website.
SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTERS
Do you have an opinion about this story? Do you have some thoughts you'd like to share with our readers? Tire Business would love to hear from you. Email your letter to Editor Don Detore at [email protected].