BOWIE, Md. (Sept. 16, 2014) — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has elected six of its members to three-year terms on its 2014-2015 board of directors.
The new TIA directors are:
• Steve Burhenn, Becker Tire & Treading Inc., Great Bend, Kan.;
• Daniel Childers, TCi Tire Centers, Duncan, S.C.;
• John Evankovich, Walmart Stores Inc.'s Sam's Club, Bentonville, Ark.;
• Robert Hendry, 31 Inc., Newcomerstown, Ohio (returning);
• Chris Monroe, Monroe Tire & Services, Shelby, N.C.; and
• Jason Williams, Jack Williams Tire Co., Scranton, Pa.
In addition, Alpio Barbara, owner of Redwood General Tire Pros, Redwood City, Calif., was chosen to fill the one-year vacancy left by the election of Mike Wolfe of Southeastern Wholesale Tire, Raleigh, N.C., to the position of TIA treasurer. In the TIA procedure of succession, the TIA treasurer rises through the ranks to eventually become TIA president.