“Our growth depends on retaining and recruiting the very best talent to serve our customers, our personnel and our tire manufacturers. The new team members bring diversity, valuable experience and foresight that will help Tire Discounters continue to excel across various categories and market.”
Management changes include four new hires:
• Enrique Sanders, regional manager. He has 23 years industry experience, including stints with an independent automotive dealer, Goodyear and TBC Corp.
• Abbey Dryden, vice president of communications. She has worked professionally with well-known brands, including Pampers and Sunglass Hut, during her tenure at Procter & Gamble and Luxottica Retail North America, respectively.
• Adam Hudak, controller, joined the company following positions at VRI, Contech Engineered Solutions and United Way. He is a certified public accountant and certified global management accountant.
• Mike Symon, senior director of market research and analytics. Mr. Symon has a background in retailing (Target, Supervalu), Market Research (Nielsen) and CPG (Perfetti van Melle). In his new role, he will lead research efforts and develop information partnerships with Tire Discounters' manufacturing partners, the company said.
• Rafe Barber to director of sales after having previously served as regional manager overseeing the company's expansion into the greater Nashville, Tenn., area. The dealership's two-time “regional manager of the year,” he has been with the company since 2007.
• Forry Hargitt to director of training and operations. Mr. Hargitt, who has been with Tire Discounters since 2006, was previously its director of sales and operations. This is his second promotion during his tenure with Tire Discounters, having also served as general manager for five years, the company said.