BOSTON (Sept. 9, 2014) — The Auto Care Association (ACA) has honored eight auto care industry companies with Head of the Class Awards, recognizing firms that invest continually in employee education and training.
The 2014 winners, designated by auto care category, are:
- Manufacturer: Gates Corp., Denver.
- Warehouse Distributor (Large): Auto-Wares Group of Companies, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Warehouse Distributor (Small): Olympus Imported Auto Parts, Alexandria, Va.
- Jobber: Eau Claire Auto Parts, Eau Claire, Wis.
- National Service Chain: Sears Automotive, Hoffman Estates, Ill.
- Retail: Advance Auto Parts, Roanoke, Va.
- Repair Shop: Don McNeill Enterprises Ltd., Elmsdale, Nova Scotia.
- Manufacturers' Representative: N. A. Williams Co., Atlanta.
The award, administered by the Auto Care Association Education Committee, promotes the value and benefit that this investment provides to employees and their companies, as well as the entire auto care industry, the ACA said.
Winners were selected based on the education and training practices of the company, including what prompted the company to invest in training, the types of training accomplished, the initial goals, their experiences, results of the training and any future plans.
Each of the winning companies exhibited a dedicated and continuing investment in enhancing the quality and level of learning and skill development for employees in their companies.
“This year's winners represent a wide range of company categories and sizes, which demonstrates that businesses of all types can introduce and implement education and training programs to meet the professional and personal needs of our auto care industry family,” said ACA President and CEO Kathleen Schmatz.
“In each case, the companies have noted improvements in teamwork, morale, sales and customer satisfaction while at the same time reducing turnover.”
The recipients were recognized at the ACA's recent Fall Leadership Days in Boston.
Information pertaining to the winning programs is posted on the ACA's website.