The service offerings include tire maintenance and repairs, on-site service, 24-hour emergency response and availability of Bandag retreads.
Phase one of the rebranding involves new signage, which will include vehicle identification, uniforms, business cards, collateral and store signs, according to company officials. Eventually, GCR stores will undergo design improvements, including paint schemes, waiting room design and, in some cases, physical property changes.
Bridgestone took over GCR in 1988 with its acquisition of Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. The letters of GCR reflect the last names of the original dealership founders Balie Griffith, Harold Crawford and Perry Rose. The first GCR operation opened in 1945 in Odessa, Texas.
Bridgestone integrated Bandag Inc.'s TDS Tire Distribution System network of commercial service stores into GCR after it bought Bandag in 2008.
For more information about GCR Tires & Service, visit its website.