FALLS CHURCH, Va.—The Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau (TRIB) and the Tread Rubber & Tire Repair Materials Manufacturers' Group (TRMG) have released an updated “Industry Recommended Practices for Tire Retreading & Tire Repairing” (IRP).
Customers are able to purchase the entire document—updated from the 2010 version—or buy individual sections relevent to their industries, according to the TRMG and TRIB, which are handling the release jointly.
The recommended repair practices cover radial passenger, light truck and medium truck/ bus tires. The cost for the documents has been reduced in order to boost their distribution throughout the tire retread and repair industries, the groups said.
The TRMG—a group of companies making retreading and tire repair materials—periodically updates these recommended practices to enhance public and industry safety and efficiency in the retreading and repairing of tires.
“In addition to updating the material from our 2010 version, we also decided to offer the IRP in individual sections to allow customers to choose the documents that best meet their needs,” said Phil Boarts, TRMG president and product category manager, retread products, at Michelin North America Inc. The versions available and their respective costs are as follows:
- Complete IRP: $50 for CD or Hard-copy version; c Retreading Radial Passenger Car and Light Truck Radial Fabric Body Ply Tires: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Retreading Medium Truck, Heavy Radial Truck and Bus Tires: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Repairing Radial Passenger Car and Light Truck Radial Fabric Body Ply Tires: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Repairing Medium Truck, Heavy Radial Truck and Bus Tires: $25 for CD or hard-copy version;
- Guidelines for Truck Tire Reinforced Shoulder Repair: $10 for CD or hard-copy version. TRIB is the designated agent for distribution of the documents and its members will receive a 50-percent discount on the purchase price of any of them.
To learn more about the IRP documents and/or purchase them, visit TRIB's oline store at www.retread. org or by contacting TRIB directly at 703-533-7677.