NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 10, 2014) — Automotive apparel manufacturer Red Kap has launched its Red Kap Performance Shop Pants and Shorts line of workwear designed specifically for automotive technicians.
The pants and shorts include numerous features for the benefit of mechanics and technicians, the firm said, such as:
- A covered waistband button that prevents scratches and keeps paint jobs protected;
- Reinforced double knees (pants only) designed to bend and flex easily, while providing extra strength and durability;
- Specialty pockets for convenient storage of commonly used tools and deep, reinforced front pockets made with extra fabric to help prevent damage;
- One pocket with an easy-to-maneuver sleeve to keep items secure;
- A stretch waistband that expands to three additional inches;
- An inseam gusset for a roomier fit that provides extra mobility; and
- Improved belt loops featuring a wider cut to accommodate many different belt widths.
Red Kap said the pants feature the styling and fit of jeans with the professional look and durability of work pants, offering “the best of both worlds.” Similarly, the shorts feature a 13-inch inseam, providing a more updated alternative to traditional work shorts.
“At Red Kap, we aim to keep our customers equipped with the best gear available,” said Chris Holcombe, vice president and general manager, distributor brands, Red Kap. “The new Red Kap Performance Shop Pants and Shorts provide the world's mechanics, auto techs and gearheads with a comfortable, reliable product packed with features made specifically to handle grueling work in the garage.”