AKRON—Today, tire dealers no longer can ignore the power of the Internet and social media in marketing to and communicating with tire and automotive service consumers. But many dealers remain bewildered on how to tap into the Internet and social media effectively to enhance the fortunes of their dealerships.
This year's International Tire Exhibition & Conference (ITEC) for tire dealers and automotive service professionals, Aug. 20-22 in Orlando, Fla., aims to clear up some of that confusion with 10 seminars and a panel program on this subject.
“We have gathered a diverse group of people from all parts of the industry who will share their experience and expertise on social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook and Google+, as well as how to make business decisions using customer data gathered through the Internet,” said Alaina Scott, online manager for Tire Business. “This is a great opportunity for dealers to learn how to be proactive and tap the power of the Internet. We aim to give tips that dealers can apply immediately in their companies.” Internet-related seminars and speakers include:
- “The Power of Social Media,” presented by Jessica Coonan, online community manager, and Mark Gillard, marketing and advertising manager, at Sullivan Tire & Auto Service;
- “Social Media's Rubber ROI: Smart Strategies to Increase Revenue through Facebook,” presented by Patrick Braswell, director of strategic initiatives, TCS Technologies;
- “How to Align Your Digital Marketing with Your Business Goals,” also presented by Mr. Braswell;
- “Building Effective Marketing Strategies: Using All of the Tools in Your Box,” presented by Molly Reese, director of retail web applications, TCS Technologies;
- “The Traditional Buying Process Turns Digital: Are you Keeping Up with the Changes?” presented by Ross McArthur, director of sales and business development—North America, Net Driven;
- “How Online Engagement Can Help Grow Your Business,” also presented by Mr. McArthur;
- “Grow Your Business & Track Your Success with Analytics,” presented by Thom Roche, regional sales manager and team zone manager for the Mid-Atlantic region, Net Driven;
- “5 Truths of Marketing—How to Develop an Engaging Marketing Plan,” presented by Kelley O'Reilly, assistant professor of sales and business marketing at Western Michigan University;
- “SEO—Making Sure You Are at the Top of the List,” presented by Josh Martalock, business development manager, ARI Network Services Inc.; and
- “How to Market Online,” presented by Matthew Walker, managing director, Tireweb Marketing Inc.
ITEC-Tire Dealers/Auto Service also will host an “Internet Marketing Panel,” offering tips and online trends and answering questions on how to get started with using Internet marketing, tools and techniques.
Moderated by Ms. Scott, panel members will include Alpio Barbara, president Redwood General Tire, Mesdames Coonan and Reese and Mr. McArthur. The conference, which takes place at the Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel in Orlando, features 45 educational seminars and 10 panel presentations on subjects of interest to independent tire dealers and automotive service professionals. The event includes a trade show as well as opportunities for networking.
The $65 registration fee includes all of the educational sessions and the trade show.
To register, visit the ITEC website at www.itec-tireshow.com.