AKRON (Feb. 24, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual “Digital Dozen” — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• ATD to acquire Terry's Tire Town;
• Goodyear to fully freeze pension plan for USW workers;
• Hankook U.S. production to start in 2016;
• Bridgestone: double-digit results growth;
• Quick Lane milestone — 700 stores and growing;
• Obama orders next round of truck fuel efficiency reductions;
• Ford splits with longtime TV pitchman Mike Rowe;
• Auto dealers pay more, keep employees longer: study;
• DOT added 24 new tire plant codes in '13;
• OTHER VOICES: The 1 Percent: We work harder—we really do!;
• TIA, Moving Targets to host social media webinar; and
• Goodyear opens truck center in Texas.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you'd like to share? Email that information to [email protected], along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at [email protected].