The multi-year commitment by NBC Sports represents a significant expansion of its TORC coverage beyond the broadcast of selective events in 2012 and 2013. TORC said it now joins other prestigious motorsports series broadcast by NBC including Formula One, NASCAR and IndyCar.
In addition to race broadcasts, TORC said a series of “behind-the-scenes episodes in ‘docu-reality' style will bring viewers deep into the world of TORC.”
“These racers and teams pour every ounce of energy and effort into becoming a TORC Champion,” Mr. Birtwell said. “Documenting that coverage is important to our fans as it gives them an inside look into the pressure that exists within the teams and between other competitors.
“Not surprisingly, some of this drama plays out on the track which makes for great TV.”
The 2014 TORC series event schedule includes races at the following venues:
- April 5-6: Primm, Nev. (Primm Off Road Raceway)
- April 25-26: Charlotte, N.C. (Charlotte Motor Spedway)
- May 17-18: St. Louis, Mo. (Gateway Motorsports Park)
- June 28-29: Crandon, Wis. (Crandon Intl Off Road Raceway)
- July 19-20: Bark River, Mich. (Bark River Off Road Raceway)
- Aug 5-6: Sturgis, S.D. (Buffalo Chip Powersports Complex)
- Aug 30-31: Crandon, Wis. (Crandon Intl Off Road Raceway)
More information on TORC, including NBC Sports episode premiere dates, is available on the series' website, on TORC's Facebook page and on Twitter.
Known as a “collision between action sports and motorsports,” TORC calls itself “the ultimate battleground for 900-horsepower race trucks competing to win the prestigious TORC National Championship.”