AKRON—Merger-and-acquisition activity continued at a brisk pace throughout 2013, covering deals in the retail, commercial and wholesale sectors. Here's a look at the dealmaking during this past year:
American Tire Distributors Holdings Inc.
- Tire Distributors Inc., one distribution center in Maryland.
- Regional Tire Distributors Inc., nine distribution centers across Can-ada: $62.5 million acquisition cost.
- Wholesale Tire Distributors Inc., based in Vaughan, On-tario, with two distribution centers serving southern Ontario.
ATV/American Tire Depot
- Scher Tire, four retail stores in Southern California; No transaction cost disclosed.
Car-X Auto Service franchisee Parham Parastaran
- Fast Tire, a one-outlet independent tire dealership in Antioch, Ill.
Certified Tire & Auto
- Scher Tire, 10 retail stores in Southern California. No transaction cost disclosed.
CISA Lubes SC L.L.C.
- South Lubes Inc., 24 Jiffy Lube locations in the Carolinas. No transaction price disclosed.
Grease Monkey International Inc.
- LubePro's International Inc., a 30-store chain of fast lubrication and automotive maintenance centers located in Illinois, Minnesota, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
Heartland Automotive Services Inc.
- South Lubes Inc., 33 Jiffy Lube locations in the Carolinas and Florida. No purchase price disclosed.
Leeds West Groups
- TBC Corp.'s 30 corporate Midas Auto Service locations in New England, Mid-Atlantic and the greater Chicago metro area.
Meineke Car Care Centers Inc.
- Walt's Auto Care Centers, a chain of 19 car repair shops in Washington and Idaho.
Monro Muffler Brake—23 stores in five separate transactions, representing $35 million in annual sales.
- Carl King Tire, six stores in Delaware and Maryland;
- S&S Tire, four retail stores in and around Lexington, Ky.;
- Carolina Tire Pros, two stores in North Carolina;
- Mitchell Tire Service, one store in New Jersey; and
- Curry's Auto Sales, 10 stores in Maryland and Virginia; $18 million in annual sales.
Nevada Tire Holdings (dba, Superior Tire of Las Vegas)
- Scher Tire (dba Superior Tire), 11 stores in Las Vegas.
Pep Boys—Manny, Moe & Jack
- Discount Tire Centers (AKH Co. Inc.), 17 Los Angeles area stores; $10.7 million purchase price; $26 million in annual sales.
Plaza Tire Service Inc.
- Ewers Tire and Service, five stores in central Missouri.
Ragan Tire Group
- Miller Bros. Giant Tires, seven distribution locations in Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.
- Snider Fleet Service's OTR tire assets.
Royal Tire Inc.
- Midstates Retreading & Wholesale, a Rochester, Minn.-based Bandag franchise, and its affiliated commercial service outlet, Northwestern Tire Co. Inc.
- Auburn Tire, one warehouse in Auburn, N.H.
- Midstates Retreading/Northwestern Tire, wholesale business.
These stories all first appeared on www.tirebusiness.com.