LAS VEGAS (Nov. 6, 2013) — The Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) has picked the winners of its 2013 Product Showcase.
The winners—and all Showcase entries—are on display at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas in Hall D extension Level 2 during AAPEX, through Thursday, Nov. 7.
Product Showcase award winners were selected by pre-registered AAPEX buyers, show promoters said. Entries were displayed in 12 categories in the online 2013 AAPEX Product Extra and voting was open from Oct. 7-Oct. 25. Pre-registered buyers cast nearly 4,830 votes for the best products in this year's showcase.
The 2013 category winners are:
• Accessories: Workshop Hero—Dry Coat Rust Preventative;
• Automotive Lighting: Peterson Manufacturing Co.—LED Light Series;
• Business Tools: MAM Software Inc.—Autocat+;
• Chemical, Lubricant and Filter: Permatex—Aluminum Anti-Seize Lubricant;
• Electrical: Auto Meter Products—BEX-5000 Intelligent Battery Extender;
• General Merchandise: Hopkins Mfg. Corp. —SMART HITCH Camera & Sensor System;
• Hard Parts: Heat N Clean Products Inc.—Automatic Heated Wiper Blades;
• Innovation: Legacy Mfg. Co.—Flexzilla Pro Water Hose (HFZWP5100);
• Mobile Electronics: Wagan Corp.—Wagan Tech Travel Charge Quad Power Hub Series;
• Paint, Body & Equipment: Dupli-Color/VHT—Carbon Fiber Kit;
• Safety: HWB L.L.C.—Self-Regulating Heated Wiper Blade System; and
• Tools & Equipment: Innova Electronics Corp.—Innova Quick Link.
MAM Software's Autocat+ is a comprehensive online parts catalog for the automotive aftermarket. It is used by jobbers and warehouse distributors to identify and specify products at point-of-sale.
"We are delighted that our Autocat+ parts catalog has won this prestigious award from such a respected organization," said Mike Jamieson, CEO of MAM Software. "With the large number of pre-registered voters who chose us to win the award, it really is encouraging that people are acknowledging the quality of our products. We're committed to developing innovative software and data solutions that deliver tangible business benefits up and down the supply chain, and it's great to see that all of our hard work has paid off."
Mr. Jamieson said "one of the factors that puts Autocat+ in a class of its own is its reduced data latency. Data is hosted online and accessed on demand via the Internet. This data as a service (DaaS) approach allows suppliers to make amendments to their own data and assures jobbers that data is accurate and up-to-date. With the significant benefits Autocat+ carries for the aftermarket, our online parts catalog is becoming increasingly integral to day-to-day business operations."
All Showcase entries are featured in a printed version of the AAPEX Product Extra publication being distributed during AAPEX.