AKRON (Oct. 21, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual "Digital Dozen" — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• Cooper, Apollo scrapping in court over merger terms;
• Hankook picks Clarksville, Tenn., for new plant;
• Goodyear announces new senior leadership roles;
• Advance buying General Parts Intl. in $2B+ deal;
• TIA releases winter tire video;
• 10 ways 1973 oil embargo changed car industry;
• Michelin to lay off nearly 100 at BFG plant in Ala. (Update) ;
• Top dealer rankings in Nov. 11 issue;
• Bridgestone boosts capacity at Tenn. tire plant;
• Unicircle retreader opens in N.D. ;
• Bridgestone to double size of Vietnam plant (Update); and
• Tireco revises eastern regional sales team.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you"d like to share? Email that information to [email protected], along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at [email protected].