DALLAS (Aug. 23, 2013) — Goodyear's new road service app connects drivers to Goodyear-FleetHQ, an emergency roadside service for the commercial trucking industry.
Goodyear said the app, debuting at this week's Great American Trucking Show in Dallas, can be downloaded to Androids from Google's Play Store and to iPhones from Apple's App Store, at no charge.
Jose Martinez, business and digital solutions manager, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems, said the app "expedites the emergency road service call process" so that truckers can get "up and running again quickly."
With a touch of the screen, he continued, "a driver will be placed in contact with the 24/7 Goodyear-FleetHQ Solution Center, where trained tire professionals will collect vital information, including the location of the driver's immobilized truck."
Goodyear-FleetHQ Solution Center professionals will then locate the nearest Goodyear commercial tire dealership, the Akron-based tire manufacturer said, and dispatch a tire service technician with the right tire and equipment to the truck's location.
The technician will assess the truck's tire condition "and render the appropriate tire service," Mr. Martinez said.
"And the vast size and scope of Goodyear's service network—more than 2,200 locations across North America—help ensure that a servicing dealer is never too far away from a truck driver who needs help."
Features of the app include:
- My Information: allows drivers, when appropriate, to enter vital information like tractor and trailer unit numbers and other data before they contact the Goodyear-FleetHQ Solution Center;
- Search functions: lets users search for nearby Goodyear commercial truck tire dealerships and provides information about the products, services and hours of operation that these dealerships offer;
- Tire Trac, a dynamic online tool that monitors a fleet's service history, as well as the performance of individual tires—collecting, documenting and creating key data;
- The Goodyear-FleetHQ Dashboard, which presents information about tire, retread and service performance, plus purchase information;
- The Goodyear-FleetHQ Trailer-Readiness Program, which helps fleets avoid expensive Compliance Safety Accountability (CSA) penalties by helping ensure that their trailer lights, wheel seals and other components are in top working order; and
- National pricing and consolidated billing.
"If a truck isn't rolling, it isn't making money," Mr. Martinez said.
"In today's increasingly competitive transportation business, truck drivers simply cannot afford excessive downtime. When their trucks experience tire issues, they need fast, expert service. This makes the new Goodyear Road Service App a 'must have' for truck drivers."