WAYNE, N.J. (Aug. 14, 2013) — Hankook Tire America Corp. is aiming its new Smart Work AM15 for construction fleet customers.
The on- and off-road wide base/all-position TBR tire is available in two sizes; 385/65R22.5 and 425/65R22.5, Hankook said.
Features of the Smart Work AM15 include:
• A tread pattern design that offers enhanced traction performance and fuel efficiency;
• A stone ejector rib to help prevent stone drilling;
• An optimized carcass structure for better ride and handling;
• An improved bead profile for superior retreadability; and
• A stabilized footprint to reduce irregular wear.
"Activity in the construction industry continues to improve, leading to an increased fleet demand for on- and off-road wide base patterns," said Brian Sheehey, Hankook's director of commercial tire sales.
He said the company is "ready to provide exactly what these customers need with a product they can depend on to get the job done."
Hankook plans to display the Smart Work AM15, along with the company's other range of TBR patterns, at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas from Aug. 22-24 at the Dallas Convention Center (booth # 17112).