FULLERTON, Calif. (July 11, 2013) – Yokohama Tire Corp. has released a new version (v1.3) of the Yokohama Commercial Tire Navigator, its iPad app for the truck tire industry.
The app is available on iTunes for free download.
The Yokohama Commercial Tire Navigator is designed to help fleet owners and truck operators learn which Yokohama tires are best for various applications and road conditions, Yokohama said. It also contains useful tools to aid with maintaining optimum tire pressure and maximizing fuel savings.
"We launched Yokohama's latest version of the app at the 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show, where we received some great feedback from our customers," said Alan Holtschneider, Yokohama senior manager, marketing communications. "Business users will find the app to be very easy to use, loaded with information and entertaining as well."
Updates and features of the new v1.3 version include:
- Inflation Pressure Calculator, a tire maintenance tool that recommends appropriate tire inflation levels to prevent tire damage and tire wear.
- Information and 360-degree tire photography on the new TY517 ultra-wide-base drive tire and the new RY407 ultra-wide-base trailer tire.
Additional features of the app include:
- Fuel Savings Calculator, which compares Yokohama's fuel-efficient tires against the competition.
- Information about Yokohama's commercial tire line-up, with 360-degree tire photography, including the Zenvironment line and the company's EPA SmartWay-verified tires.
- SmartSolution, Yokohama's communication platform that is divided into four value propositions—longevity, efficiency, availability and dependability.
- A dealer locator to help drivers find the closest Yokohama dealer while on the go.
"Tires are the third-largest expense for fleets, so we're glad that our app can provide customers with tools and information to help them with their tire management," Mr. Holtschneider added.