Mr. Cox cited several reasons for why he believes ITDG keeps growing, including the flexibility of the buying program, breadth and depth of supplier partners and the addition of the Diamondback passenger/light truck tire line as an exclusive brand.
"We join forces with our vendor partners to offer competitive programs that work for just about every type of independent dealer out there, he said, noting that adding the Diamondback line "complements our offerings and will help fuel future growth of the group.…"
ITDG secured exclusive U.S. distribution and marketing rights in April for the Diamondback brand from Husky Tire Corp. of Brampton, Ontario, which is providing logistical support for the Chinese-sourced brand through an office in San Antonio, Texas.
Among ITDG's larger member dealership, according to ITDG's website, are:
- Big O Tires – 27 franchised locations in California
- Jack Furrier Tire & Auto Care/Desert Rat – 20 locations in Arizona
- Clark Tire & Auto Inc. – 18 Locations in North Carolina
- Big Brand Tire Co. – 16 stores in California
- Ramona Tire – 15 stores in California
- Sun Tire – 11 locations in Florida
- Ted Wiens Tire & Auto – 11 locations in Nevada
- Jack's Tire & Oil – 10 locations in Arizona, Califonia, Idaho and Utah