BOWIE, Md. (July 8, 2013) — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has nominated a slate of 18 individuals vying for six seats on the association's 24-seat board of directors.
Among those nominated are three current TIA board members: Ernie Caramanico of Amityville Firestone in Amityville, N.Y.; Lyssa Da Costa of Hercules Tire International in Kitchener, Ontario; and former Tire Association of North America President Tom Wright of Wright Tire Service in Anoka, Minn.
Three of the candidates are with tire dealerships, two with wholesale distributors and the rest with suppliers of products and services.
Those elected will serve three-year terms, TIA said.
Current TIA members can view the nominees' photos and biographies and cast their ballot by visiting www.tireindustry.org and clicking on the "vote online" link. Election materials have also been mailed to the primary contacts at all eligible TIA member companies.
Ballots may be faxed to 301-430-7283 or mailed to TIA's office in Bowie, Maryland.
The other candidates are:
- Anthony Blackman of Atlantic Tire & Service, Inc., Cary, N.C.;
- Wayne Croswell of WECnology L.L.C., Amherst, N.H.;
- Michael Dembe of Camoplast Solideal, Charlotte, N.C.;
- Joe Donehue of Tiremetrix L.L.C., Brighton, Mich.;
- Joseph Henmueller of the Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association/ Motorist Assurance Program, Arlington Heights, Ill.;
- Scot Holloway of Bartec USA L.L.C., Sterling Heights, Mich.;
- David Jones of Sonsio Inc., Arvada, Colo.;
- Ed Jones of JohnDow Industries, Barberton, Ohio;
- Steven Landis of Continental Automotive Systems, Allentown, Pa.;
- Philip Nigh of Elgi Rubber Co., Luling, Texas;
- Mike Pursley of Perfect Equipment Inc., Murfreesboro, Tenn.;
- Brian Rigney of Dill Air Controls, Oxford, N.C.;
- Jon Schadl of K&M Tire, Delphos, Ohio;
- Scott Turner of Scott L. Turner Consulting, Blairstown, N.J.; and
- Rockford Tyson of Ken-Tool, Akron, Ohio.
Voting ends Sept. 1. Results will be announced in mid-September, with the new board members taking office on Nov. 4 at the TIA annual membership meeting in Las Vegas.