AKRON (June 17, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual "Digital Dozen" — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• >%20http:/edit.tirebusiness.com/article/20130612/NEWS/130619964/apollo-tyres-buying-cooper-tire-for-2-5b" target="_blank">Apollo Tyres buying Cooper Tire for $2.5B;
• Cooper's Armes: Apollo deal is 'compelling value';
• Pep Boys to broaden test of new store concept;
• Replacement mkt. should perk up in 2nd half — Michelin execs;
• Michelin to invest $1B in France;
• Bridgestone taps outsider to succeed Magee;
• Call it Groupon 3.0: Deals giant on a mobile mission;
• Exide Technologies files for bankruptcy;
• Titan: OTR tire prices falling — temporarily;
• The power of YouTube: Tips on using the video-posting site for business;
•>>%20http:/edit.tirebusiness.com/article/20130613/NEWS/130619943/apollos-share-price-drops-coopers-jumps" target="_blank"> Apollo's share price drops, Cooper's jumps; and
• Michelin to close plants in Colombia.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you'd like to share? Email that information to [email protected], along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at [email protected].