WAYNE, N.J. (June 11, 2013) — In case you're still looking for that perfect gift for dad on Father's Day this weekend, Hankook Tire America Corp. has the answer to your search.
Based on the findings of a survey the Wayne-based tire marketer conducted with its Gauge Index, dads would definitely be OK with a set of tires for Father's Day.
Hankook said its results revealed more than 86 percent of fathers would like to receive tires for Father's Day, and more than half (51 percent) of the men surveyed said they would love to receive tires as a gift.
The Hankook Tire Gauge Index is a quarterly survey of Americans that uncovers their attitudes and opinions about all things related to driving, Hankook said. The spring installment of the survey, conducted April 1, polled 1,002 randomly selected Americans on spring driving and what's on their minds as the summer travel season approaches.
Additional Father's Day survey findings from the Hankook Tire Gauge Index include:
• 48 percent of Americans said they drive to get to their father's house;
• 58 percent drive less than 50 miles to celebrate Father's/Mother's Day;
• 28 percent of dads would like to receive electronics for Father's Day;
• 21 percent would like to receive tickets to a sporting event; and
• 18 percent would like to receive a car-related gift.