AKRON (June 10, 2013) — Each week Tire Business tracks the top stories — a virtual "Digital Dozen" — on our website, based on readership data.
Of all the stories posted online last week at tirebusiness.com, here are the ones that drew the most interest:
• Chrysler rejects NHTSA's request for recall of 2.7 million Jeeps;
• Ford recalls more than 465,000 vehicles;
• Discount Tire opens 1st stores in Missouri (update);
• Survey shows gender, age gaps in being 'tire smart';
• Yokohama starts personnel search in Mexico;
• Intl. OTR tire dealer launches U.S. distribution;
• Virginia Tire gets a new look, website;
• Rent-to-own business concentrating on customer service;
• Secret Ferrari Pirelli test not relevant, F1 team claims;
• EVs lose charge; price war begins;
• STS marking 55th year, new stores; and
• IndyCar hopes to break Indy 500 speed record by 2016.
Does your dealership, company or auto service shop have an event, some information or a story you'd like to share? Email that information to [email protected], along with a daytime phone number at which a Tire Business reporter can contact you. You also can comment on stories on our website or send a letter to the editor by emailing us at [email protected].