SAN DIEGO (Feb. 15, 2012) — Automotive and household chemical marketer WD-40 Co. has expanded its offerings with a new WD-40 Specialist line of specialty products aimed at trade professionals.
The new Specialist line, developed at the company's Research and Development Center, consists of five products that, according to the firm, are 50-state VOC compliant. Released late last year, they are now available nationwide.
“When people think of the WD-40 brand, they think of trust, reliability and the ability to solve problems,” said Garry Ridge, company president and CEO, in a WD-40 press release. “For the new WD-40 Specialist line to wear the trademark WD-40 shield, it shows just how confident we are about the efficacy of these products.”
San Diego-based WD-40 said the Specialist product line includes:
- Rust Release Penetrant Spray With Blu Torch Technology—It penetrates rust 50 percent faster than the leading competitor, the company claims, and also helps prevent rust and corrosion.
- Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant—Dries fast, doesn't leave a mess and waterproofs and protects moving parts.
- Protective White Lithium Grease—Ideal for metal-to-metal applications, providing long-lasting lubrication and “superior protection.”
- Long-Term Corrosion Inhibitor—Protects metal from corrosion for up to one year outdoors and two years indoors.
- Rust Remover Soak—Made with biodegradable ingredients and a non-toxic formula, it restores rusted metal parts back to bare metal.
“These new products will solve problems trade professionals, WD-40 brand's core end-users, are familiar with,” Mr. Ridge added.
More information about the new product line is available at WD40Specialist.com.