Automotive aftermarket supplier Federal-Mogul Corp.'s Technical Education Center (TEC) in St. Louis is offering more than 40 in-depth, hands-on training workshops and 20 free webinar sessions covering a variety of undercar, underhood and engine repair topics.
The company said its TEC offers “one of the industry's most comprehensive training programs,” with hands-on instruction in modern classrooms and 12 training bays that feature computer-based alignment stations, chassis dynamometer and electrical system diagnostic tools.
The center's engine rebuilding lab provides a full range of honing, welding, resurfacing and cleaning equipment.
All workshops are taught by ASE Master Certified Instructors and, according to Southfield-based Federal-Mogul, meet the industry's Continuing Automotive Service Education (CASE) standards.
Workshops scheduled for 2012 in St. Louis are:
* ABS/Stability Control and Traction Control Diagnostics (TEC202)
Dates: April 23-24, May 16-17, June 27-28, July 11-12, Aug. 15-17, Sept. 10-11
* Advanced Steering and Suspension Diagnostics (TEC104)
Dates: April 25-26, May 14-15, June 25-26, July 9-10, Aug. 13-14, Sept. 12-13
* Brake Diagnostics and Introduction to ABS (TEC201)
Dates: Feb. 22-24, May 2-4, June 20-22, Sept. 19-21, Sept. 26-28, Oct. 31-Nov. 2
* Steering and Suspension Service (TEC101)
Dates: Feb. 20-22, April 30-May 2, June 18-20, Sept. 17-19, Sept. 24-26, Oct. 29-31
*Automotive Electronics (TEC301)
Dates: March 12-13, March 26-27, July 23-24, Aug. 20-21
* Complete Fuel Systems Diagnostics (TEC306)
Dates: March 28-30, Aug. 6-8, Dec. 10-12
* Engine Performance and Driveability (TEC304)
Dates: July 25-27, Aug. 22-24, Oct. 17-19, Nov. 7-8
* Engine Performance and Driveability II (TEC307)
Dates: May 9-11, Aug. 8-10, Dec. 12-14
* Ignition Systems Diagnostics (TEC305)
Dates: March 14-15, May 7-9, Oct. 15-16, Nov. 5-6
* Engine Cylinder Head Reconditioning (TEC407)
Dates: Feb. 27-March 1
* High Performance Engine Service and Sealing (TEC405)
Dates: Feb. 6-9
Free online training webinars available this year through Federal-Mogul's TEC are:
* Why Do I Have to Recalibrate Electronic Sensors After Alignment, and How Do I Do It?
Dates/Times (all Central): Feb. 20, 5 p.m.; Feb. 21, 6 p.m.; Feb. 22, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.; Feb. 23, noon
* Fuel Supply Diagnosis
Dates/Times: June 4, 5 p.m.; June 5, 6 p.m.; June 6, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.; June 7, noon
* Diagnosing Engine Performance Using Fuel Trim
Dates/Times: Sept. 17, 5 p.m.; Sept. 18, 6 p.m.; Sept. 19, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.; Sept. 20, noon
* Wheel Speed Sensors
Dates/Times: Nov. 12, 5 p.m.; Nov. 13, 6 p.m.; Nov. 14, 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.; Nov. 15, noon
For more information regarding workshop content and to register for a workshop, visit www.federalmogul.com/training or call Federal-Mogul TEC at 888-771-6005. To register for a free training webinar, go to www.federalmoguletec.com.
Federal-Mogul's aftermarket products are sold under brands, including: Abex, AE, ANCO, Beral, Carter, Champion, FP Diesel, Fel-Pro, Ferodo, Glyco, Goetze, MOOG, National, Necto, Nüral, Payen, Precision, Sealed Power, Speed-Pro and Wagner.