BROADVIEW, Ill. — Robert Bosch L.L.C. has introduced the “Light 'Em Up Dyno” app for the iPhone and iPod touch, which Bosch said gives the mobile devices the capabilities of a portable dynamometer.
Bosch said the basic iPhone app is free for downloading and provides these features:
- 0-60 acceleration timing;
- Publishing of results on Facebook, Twitter and LightEmUp.com;
- Downloadable promotion offers; and
- Location of a Bosch spark plug retailer.
A full version of this app costs $4.99 and allows users to measure:
- 1/4-mile trap speed and time;
- Horsepower estimates (wheel and/or estimated crank);
- Elapsed time and trap speed for standard intervals;
- Lateral G-force measurement (current and peak);
- Braking G-force measurement (current and peak);
- Friction Circle (max Gs in 16 directions);
- Timed run and skidpad graphs;
- Real-time speedometer, friction circle and graphs;
- Results for latest test run or any saved run; and
- Comparable results between vehicles, dates, or before-and-after modifications.
The company said the basic app can be upgraded to the fuller app with a touch of a button. The full version is free after a rebate with the purchase of Bosch spark plugs.
“The Bosch Light 'Em Up Dyno App requires no GPS or network connection,” said Mark Wilkinson, product manager for spark plugs at Bosch. “After downloading and installing the Bosch app, users simply follow the quick setup instructions, input some basic information regarding their vehicles, and they're ready to have some fun.”