ROANOKE, Va. (June 11, 2010) — Automotive aftermarket parts retailer Advance Auto Parts Inc. has launched a suite of online service features under an enhanced “Your Garage” area on its website.
The Roanoke-based retailer “is working hard to create customers for life by providing them the best experience in our industry, whether they are shopping in our stores, calling us on the phone or visiting our website,” said Scott Bauhofer, senior vice president and general manager of the company's e-commerce unit. “These free enhancements are giving our customers even more reasons to only shop online with Advance Auto Parts and to visit us more often.”
The “Your Garage” section of the company's website includes the following features:
- Service alerts—Based on a vehicle's mileage, an owner can receive e-mail notifications when the car needs a tune-up, brakes, tire rotations and tire replacements.
- Diagnose problems—Get online help to determine what's wrong with a vehicle.
- Get an estimate—A motorist can determine the approximate cost of a needed service.
- Find a mechanic—If a vehicle owner would rather have a professional perform a required service or maintenance in a locale, the site offers recommendations that include local Advance Commercial customers and feature Commercial partners.
- Recall notifications—Receive e-mail notifications about a recall on an owner's vehicle.
- Service history—Motorists can keep track of all service work on their vehicles in one online location.
- Vehicle prices and values— Find out what a vehicle is worth.
- Cost of ownership—Owners can find out how much they can expect to pay to maintain their vehicles.
Registered users who currently have an Online Garage on the Advance website will be upgraded automatically to the new functionality. Others can get started by going to the website and clicking on "Your Account."
Users can save multiple cars in their garage and can use this functionality with any car they have saved in the system, the company said.
Advance operates 3,462 stores in 39 states, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.