DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (March 18, 2010) — The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) and the Motorsport Industry Association (MIA), will host a conference April 16 they said is dedicated to connecting members with some leading innovators in next-generation racing and performance.
The conference will be held 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, Calif., and will include keynote presentations and panel sessions in which attendees will interact with the speakers.
“Commercialization and consumer acceptance of green performance technologies are the multipliers to achieving industry growth, increased sales and market share,” said John Waraniak, SEMA vice president for vehicle technology. “Innovation doesn't come from the discovery of technology but from being the first to use technology to meet consumer needs and wants.”
To sign up for the conference, visit SEMA's Web site. There is a $275 fee for SEMA members and $375 for non-members which includes not only the conference and business networking opportunities but also a luncheon and paddock tour. There attendees will meet and talk with team owners, drivers, crew chiefs and engineers on pit row.
The guest speakers include:
* David Brabham, 2009 American LeMans Series Champion, will discuss what it takes to race energy efficient vehicles and how racing will play an important role in the growing demand for energy efficient vehicles and products.
* Scott Atherton, CEO American LeMans Series;
* Les McTaggart, senior technical director, Izod IndyCar Series;
* Lord Drayson, U.K. Minister of Science, team owner and ALMS race driver;
* Peter Digby, managing director, Xtrac, a leading transmission supplier;
* Forrest Patterson, technical director, Michelin Green-X Challenge;
* Jamie Allison, director, Ford North America Motorsports;
* Robert Davis, senior vice president, product development and quality for Mazda North American Operations, responsible for the company's North American motorsport programs under the MAZDASPEED Motorsports Development banner;
* Mike Stewart, keader, Motorsports Engineering Group, Honeywell Turbo Technologies;
* Steve Pruitt, owner, Corsa Motorsports Ginetta-Zytek hybrid ALMS racer;
* Eric Cahill, senior director, Progressive Automotive X Prize; and
* Mike Cooperman, senior director of marketing, J.D. Power Web Intelligence.