BOWIE, Md. (Sept. 16, 2009) — The Tire Industry Association (TIA) has released the results of its recent board of directors elections.
Eleven seats were open, including 10 seats with three-year terms and one seat with a one-year term. Elected to serve three-year terms were:
* Russell Belcher, QMI, Lakeland, Fla.;
* Dean Bray, Jr., Bray's Recapping Service, Inc., Mount Airy, N.C.;
* Eddie Burleson, Central Marketing Inc., Colonial Heights, Va.;
* Dick Gust, Liberty/Lakin National Tire Recycling, Chicago;
* Keith Jarman, AME International Inc., Brooksville, Fla.;
* Jim Melvin, Tire Pros of Rhode Island Inc., North Kingstown, R.I.;
* Glen Nicholson, TBC Retail, Juno Beach, Fla.;
* Jim Pangle, Fountain Tire, Edmonton, Alberta;
* Freda Pratt-Boyer, Purcell Tire & Rubber Co., Potosi, Mo.; and
* Mike Wolfe, Southeastern Wholesale Tire, Raleigh, N.C.
Additionally, Roy Bromfield of Greenville, S.C.-based Q Tires, Inc., was placed into the one-year vacancy that was created by the election to secretary of Larry Brandt of MSB Tires L.L.C., of Lakeville, Minn.
The new board will take office on Nov. 2 at TIA's annual meeting at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas during the Aftermarket Industry Week trade shows.