Tire Business has added some features to its Web site since the launch of its redesign this summer.
The site, www.tirebusiness.com, now has a font size selector that allows users to increase the size of the site's body text, depending on personal preferences. The selector is located in the left hand column above the image of the front page, denoted by a small, medium and large ``A.''
Tire Business also has increased the speed of the site so elements will download faster.
As always, Tire Business continues to update all special reports, rankings and statistics as they are published in our print version. Some recent updates include the Global Tire Report as well as our ``Getting the Ride Right'' and ``Pumping Up the Bottom Line'' reports.
Special report stories, including motorsports, can be found in Departments/Special Reports while the rankings and statistics are available at Resources/Statistics in the left-hand menu or from the drop-down Statistics menu on the top of the page.
As Tire Business adds features to the site, we will publish the updates in this space.
Here's a sampling of recent headlines posted as they broke at www.tirebusiness.com:
* Jack Fenner joins American Pacific Industries
* Monro's sales up on higher comparable store sales
* Bandag's N.A. volume down in third quarter
* Sumitomo sets up sales company in Thailand
* ARE to launch Earnhardt Jr. wheel line
* Goodyear draws nearly $1 billion in credit during strike
* Mechanic challenge set during SEMA Show
* Cooper recalls 79,857 tires
* Titan to hold auction at Georgia ag expo
* Coalition urges public to fight California aerosol VOC proposal
* Ludwig: Goodyear strike's impact increases with length
* Topeka warehouse workers join Goodyear strike
* Sears/Kmart trying out Internet lounges in stores
* Fla. importer offering Marangoni brand to U.S. retailers
* Analyst: Goodyear could lose millions a day in strike
For more headlines and daily updates, plus tire industry data, charts, rankings and your favorite TB columnists, visit www.tirebusiness.com.