RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (July 17, 2006) — Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc. voluntarily is recalling about 78,000 Venture HT and AT light truck tires in the U.S. and Canada because of a blister on the sidewall, which may exist in certain Load Range E tires.
Kumho said the blister may produce a noticeable tire vibration. The condition eventually may lead to air pressure loss and potentially a vehicle crash, the company said. To date, Kumho said there have been no reported tire failures, accidents or injuries.
Recalled tires will be replaced at no cost to consumers through Kumho tire dealers in the U.S. and Canada, Kumho said.
The recalled tires have DOT codes that begin with “DOT 4T” and end with four numbers that represent the week and year the tire was manufactured. Under the Kumho Venture HT 824, the recall affects the following sizes, all in Load Range E:
* Size LT215/85R16 115/112Q, manufacture date 1105-4805;
* Size LT225/75R16 115/112Q, manufacture date 1605-4605;
* Size LT235/85R16 120/116Q, manufacture date 1105-5105; and
* Size LT245/75R16 120/116Q, manufacture date 1105-5105.
Under the Kumho Venture AT KL78, the following sizes, also Load Range E, are affected:
* Size LT215/85R16 115/112Q, manufacture date 0305-4605;
* Size LT225/75R16 115/112Q, manufacture date 0305-4305;
* Size LT235/85R16 120/116Q, manufacture date 0305-4605;
* Size LT245/75R16 120/116Q, manufacture date 0305-4205; and
* Size LT265/75R16 123/120Q, manufacture date 0305-4605.
For more information, call Kumho at (800) 445-8646, ext. 342, 348 or 338.