AKRON—Tire dealers' usage of the Internet is evolving and so is www.tirebusiness.com. Starting July 17, dealers will have a new Web site from which to access tire industry and automotive service news and information.
Actually, the site is not new, but the design is.
For the past six months, TB reporter and Web Coordinator Lisa Hockensmith and National Sales Manager Chris Harris have been working on a dramatic makeover of TB's Web site.
They've revamped, tweaked and rethought each section, all with the intent of making the site easier to use and more practical for the thousands of tire dealers and others who access it every day. The site uses more photos for a better look, and we've also opened up some of our daily stories to non-subscribers for a taste of the news we offer.
And don't worry, all of the news, statistics, columns, editorials, directories, departments, classified advertising, archives and other sections you've come to rely on will still be there.
All those features will just be arranged in a more eye-catching and easier-to-navigate design.
We also have improved options for advertisers, with more diverse placement and rich media opportunities.
On the site you'll find:
* Better organization of our statistics into clear categories;
* Headlines organized by specific news topics, including dealers, tire makers, government and the industry in general;
* RSS feeds for updates of newly posted industry stories, plus an explanation of the technology if you're new to it;
* More navigation within daily stories so you can hop among several articles without hitting the back button numerous times;
* More features from our print edition, including Factory Fixes, Marketplace, international news and new products;
* Updated industry Web sites so you can find everything from your local tire dealer association to the latest recall by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; and
* Links to some of our sister publications, including Rubber & Plastics News, Automotive News and AutoWeek.
Our goal in revamping the site follows the same principle as the print version of Tire Business: We want it to be a must read. That is, a site that provides the timely news and information you need to better manage your business in the rapidly changing tire and automotive service industry. A site that you can't afford not to visit.
We support this effort by employing the largest editorial staff and arguably the most experienced of any tire industry trade publication. And our efforts won't stop at this redesign, either. We're planning more exciting features in the near future.
Whether you're a current Web reader or new to our site, we hope you enjoy the new look. And please let us know what you think—good or bad. After all, it's your opinion that matters the most.
Mr. Zielasko is editor and VP/publisher of Tire Business.