Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire L.L.C. has named Phil Pacsi executive director, North American consumer tire marketing, expanding Mr. Pacsi's marketing responsibilities.
In addition to his current task of consumer brand marketing, Mr. Pacsi also will assume oversight of consumer tire strategic planning and forecasting, consumer channel marketing, motorsports and Canadian consumer tire marketing, the tire maker said. Mr. Pacsi assumes these responsibilities following the departure of Hiro Yoshimori, who is returning to Japan as president of Bridgestone Tire Hokuriku Sales Corp., a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corp.
BFS also announced the following appointments:
* Kaz Ota to director, strategic planning and marketing support;
* Michael Sigillito to director, channel/product marketing from Canadian consumer tire marketing;
* Tim Dunn to director, national marketing operations and supply chain management in the consumer tire sales group from national operations manager;
* John Baratta to assume responsibility for consumer tire replacement sales in Canada in addition to his current responsibility for the North and South consumer tire sales regions and consumer tire corporate accounts; and
* Barry Feasel, general manager, family retailers, will assume more responsibilities for sales to BFS's TiresPlus store chain.
Jerry Cash, national director of business development, plans to retire in early 2006 after 36 years with BFS, so the tire maker reassigned his duties to the last two executives.