Martien de Louw, formerly president and CEO of Continental Tire North America Inc., left the company in May ``due to differing views over the business strategy'' in place at Conti, the company said. Alan Hippe, Conti's executive board member responsible for finance, controlling and law, replaced him on a temporary basis.
Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corp. made several changes, including:
* Shozo ``Carlos'' Kibata, president, also became president of Toyo North America Inc., the White, Ga.-based tire manufacturing subsidiary of Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd.
* Masaharu Yoshimoto, formerly president and CEO of Toyo Tyre & Rubber Australia Ltd., was named executive vice president of Toyo Tire (U.S.A.).
* Travis Roffler, formerly director of marketing, was named senior director of marketing.
* Steve Weinger, formerly senior vice president of sales, was named senior vice president of sales and marketing, replacing Earl Knoper, who retired.
Dan Hunter, formerly president of Del-Nat Tire Corp., left his post in March to pursue other interests. Ed Fabrizio, formerly Del-Nat's vice president of business development, replaced him.
Charles Wright, president and CEO of Denman Tire Corp. since 1993, retired in May. He was replaced by Ema-nuele ``Manny'' Cicero, formerly president of Bridgestone/Firestone's off-the-road group.
Brian Hesje, Fountain Tire's CEO since 1992, was named chairman of the board in March. His nephew and Fountain Tire President Brent Hesje succeeded him as CEO.
Stephen Myers, formerly CEO of Myers Industries Inc., retired from his position in May and was succeeded by President and Chief Operating Officer John Orr.
Steve D. Sawyer, formerly marketing program pricing manager for Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., was named director of customer marketing.
Chris Gullott joined the Rubber Manufacturers Association as director of state government affairs. He previously had worked for the Personal Watercraft Industry Association as manager of external and state affairs.
Peter Hultgren joined Big O Tires Inc. as senior vice president, strategic business development in June. He formerly was vice president of franchise sales for Arby's L.L.C.
Jill Mondo, formerly executive director of the Florida Automotive Trades Association (FATA), left the trade group to pursue other interests. Tom Monahan, CEO of Certified Association Management Co., assumed her responsibilities.
Gene Tomich joined the Northwest Tire Dealers Association as executive director in April replacing Dick Nordness.
John Young joined the Ontario Tire Dealers Association as administrative director.
Tom Foord, founder, chairman and president of Kal Tire, retired as president of the company in August. Ken Finch, formerly senior vice president of stores, succeeded him as president.
Herb Johnson, formerly general business director of Michelin North America Inc.'s Alliance dealer program, was appointed public relations manager for Michelin Americas Truck Tires.
Erik Olsen was promoted to president of TBC Corp.'s wholly owned subsidiary Carroll Tire. He retained his responsibilities as senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Mary Sliman was tapped as executive director of the Louisiana Independent Tire Dealers Association. She also serves as marketing and merchandising coordinator for Chabill's Tire Service.
Steve Steffens, formerly western division vice president of Big O Tires, was named marketing vice president.
James Tuschner, formerly mid-central regional sales manager for Denman Tire, was appointed director of marketing.
Jim Seidel, formerly Continental Tire North America's director of dealer sales for passenger and light truck tire sales, joined Stamford Tires and Wheels Inc. as COO and vice president. Carl Casalbore, formerly vice president of marketing and retail sales for Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., replaced Mr. Seidel at Conti.
Greg Lamothe, formerly national purchasing and logistics manager for O.K. Tire Stores Inc., was named vice president of operations.
Dick Gust, president of Lakin Environmental Inc., completed his term as president of Bowie, Md.-based Tire Industry Association (TIA). Bob Malerba, vice president of operations at Berlin Bandag Inc. in Meriden, Conn., took over TIA's top post.
Becky MacDicken, TIA's director of government affairs for the past 5 ½ years, left the association to take over the business community outreach function of the Office of Financial Education within the Pennsylvania Department of Banking. Paul Fiore, formerly director of business development, assumed her responsibilities in the newly created position of director of government and business relations.
Brett Ponton, formerly Goodyear vice president of channel marketing, was appointed vice president of Goodyear North American Consumer Retail.
David Cosco, longtime president and CEO of Sherwood Park, Alberta-based Tirecraft Auto Centers Ltd., sold the company and retired in October. Jean Michel Locarnini succeeded him as president and CEO.
Findlay, Ohio-based Hercules Tire & Rubber Co. made these changes:
* Craig Anderson, formerly CEO of Hercules Tire, retired from the company Oct. 31. Hercules President and COO Larry Seawell assumed his duties.
* Mike Distel was named president of the newly consolidated Hercules Tire Division and Tire Dealers Warehouse businesses.
* Kevin Breen, formerly director of sales and marketing, was named vice president of private brands.
* Lou Fontana was named vice president of purchasing.
* Rob Keller was appointed president of Hercules Canada.
* Joe Recchia was named president of Hercules International.
* Steve Buck, tire division vice president and general manager, is retiring Jan. 2 after 20 years of service.
Hiro Yoshimori, formerly vice president, North American consumer tire marketing for Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire L.L.C., was named president of Bridgestone Tire Hokuriku Sales Corp. in Japan, a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corp.