* Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.-Athens, Ga.; on-stream May/ June 2005; 100,000 racing tires per year; 30-50 employees; $11 million investment (conversion of former tread rubber plant).
* Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd.-Bangkok, Thailand; on-stream April 2005; 350,000 truck and bus tires per year; 300 employees; $50 million investment.
* Nokian Tyres P.L.C.-Vsevolozhsk, Russia; on-stream June 2005; 1.5 million passenger tires per year; 200 employees; $63.5 million investment.
* Hwa Fong Rubber Co. Ltd.-Bangkok, Thailand; on-stream late 2004; 12 million tires a year (including 6 million industrial tires); $10 million investment.
* Continental Tire North America Inc.-Cutting back car and light truck tire production at its Charlotte, N.C., plant by about 30 percent to 17,000 to 18,000 units a day, citing high inventories and manufacturing costs.
* Trelleborg A.B.-Planning to phase out bias-ply farm and forestry tire production at its headquarters plant in Trelleborg, Sweden, by year-end 2005.