Tire Business' 2005 survey of retail marketing groups asked: ``What is the biggest challenge facing your group's program this year?'' The following are some responses:
* American Car Care Centers Inc.-``Profitability at the dealer level.''
* Big O Tires Inc.-``Continued SKU proliferation and supply chain management.''
* Bridgestone/Firestone-``The escalation of raw material costs and the effect that these costs may have on the retail consumer.''
* Community Wholesale Tire Distributing-``Keeping our dealers competitive in the marketplace with just-in-time delivery.''
* Del-Nat Tire Corp.-``Product sourcing.''
* Fountain Tire-``Packaging our program into a concise, simple and enticing document.''
* Kal Tire-``OTR tire supply.''
* O.K. Tire Stores Inc.-``Product supply.''
* Silver State Tire Co. Inc.-``I really don't see any challenges except supply.''
* Tirecrqaft Auto Centers Ltd.-``Getting good, qualified people to work.''
* Tire Factory L.L.C.-``Auditing all stores for paint, signage, cleanliness, appearance, etc.''
* Tire Pros inc.-``Growing marketshare, profitability.''
* Tire Warehouse Central Inc.-``Consistency of operation.''
* Universal Cooperatives Inc.-``Keeping our associates profitable in a shrinking market. Auto dealerships and the manufacturers and distributors that support them are a direct attack on the independent tire dealers we serve.''
* Yokohama Tire Corp.-``Our bigest challenge is how to continually improve our program to keep it in the top level.''