AKRON (June 24, 2005) — Goodyear has unveiled a commercial tire Web site that touts its service business push.
Steve McClellan, vice president of Goodyear commercial tire systems, said the Web site, www.goodyear.com/truck, includes tire evaluation software tools now available to fleets, new emergency road service and information on tire inflation and load capacities.
Goodyear emphasized that the launch of the Web site coincides with a new Technology & Maintenance Council study that shows trucking companies are outsourcing tire and equipment maintenance work in greater numbers.
Faced with rising fuel and tire costs, more fleets and independent truckers “want more than just a tire purchase. They want someone to manage their overall tire and wheel needs, and that's our expertise,” Mr. McClellan said.
The site addreses the following service solutions with shortcuts on the homepage to lead customers to information more quickly:
* Fleetwise detailed tire analysis available 24 hours a day;
* TVTRACK software that tracks tire performance and links data to key vehicle parameters;
* Tire value calc software calculates new tire, retread and rotation changes that impact operating costs;
* Safety tips and load/inflation tables to help maximize tire wear and performance;
* Reduced downtime and costs for tire-related emergencies through 4-TIRES-NOW roadside assistance; and
* Detailed service manuals that specify tire inflation, vibration solutions and proper alignment.
“Our vision is to do more than just manufacture quality tires,” Mr. McClellan said. “We want to create business solutions that are measurable, repeatable and sustainable. That means working with end users to manage their tires from original equipment to replacement and retreads and delivering service and value along the way.”