FINDLAY, Ohio (June 20, 2005) — Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. is taking a marketing exhibit targeted toward performance-minded audiences to custom car enthusiast shows in what the company is calling the 2005 Cooper Tire Mobile Tour.
“We expect the mobile tour to raise Cooper's visibility and encourage brand interaction with the tuner market, one of our most rapidly growing consumer groups,” said Dave Craig, director of North American advertising for Cooper. “Through venues such as Hot Import Nights, Formula Drift events and Funkmaster Flex Custom Car & Bike Shows we'll have the opportunity to engage customers one-on-one, increase awareness, and build consumer loyalty.”
The interactive tour will feature high-definition racing simulators and a mega-sound system accompanied by high-energy animation displays on twin 45-inch, flat-panel televisions. Web kiosks will also allow visitors to explore Cooper Tire's new enthusiast-focused microsites, located at cooperzeontires.com.
The product focus of the 2005 mobile tour is the Cooper Zeon line of ultra-high performance tires, including the 2XS, ZPT and XST, which are designed to match a vehicle's performance capabilities by providing the driver with an enhanced degree of handling, grip and cornering capability.
The tour's schedule is as follows:
* Funkmaster Flex Custom Car & Bike Shows, June 25-26, Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, N.J.
* Need For Speed Formula Drift Event, July 9, Infineon Raceway, Sonoma, Calif.
* Hot Import Nights, July 16, Kansas City Convention Center, Kansas City, Mo.
* Funkmaster Flex Custom Car & Bike Shows, July 30, Boston Tweeter Center, Mansfied, Mass.
* Need For Speed Formula Drift Event, Aug. 6, Soldier Field, Chicago
* Need For Speed Formula Drift Event, Aug. 27, Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale, Calif.
* Extreme Autofest Automotive Lifestyle Supershow, Oct. 2, Coors Amphitheater, Chula Vista, Calif.
* Hot Import Days, Oct. 8, Alameda County Fairgrounds, Pleasanton, Calif.
* Hot Import Nights, Oct. 15, Downtown Phoenix
* Extreme Autofest Automotive Lifestyle Supershow, Oct. 23, Pomona Raceway, Pomona, Calif.
* Hot Import Nights, Dec. 3, Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, Calif.