WASHINGTON (April 29, 2005) — The House of Representatives by voice vote passed a resolution expressing the body's support for the Small Business Bill of Rights.
The legislation states that small businesses:
* Should have the right to join together to buy affordable health insurance policies;
* Have simplified tax laws;
* Be free from frivolous lawsuits;
* Be free from unnecessary regulations;
* Obtain relief from high energy costs; and
* Receive equal treatment with larger businesses when seeking capital and credit.
House resolutions do not have the force of law and are not sent to the president for his signature.