In a bid to grow its base of local-billed customers, the commercial division of Tire Centers L.L.C. (TCI) is launching a ``C3'' program June 1.
TCI said C3-short for Centered on Customer Commitment-is designed to supply local-billed customers with additional service programs to help lower their tire operating costs.
A spokesman said the services are aimed at small local customers, such as construction fleets, waste haulers and others. All of TCI's local-billed customers will be automatically enrolled in the program.
``We closely monitor how we work with our customers through surveys and input from the field, and the new C3 program is aimed at providing additional tools to enhance their business and provide improved service,'' Randy Gaetz, vice president of commercial sales and marketing for the commercial division, said in a statement.
The spokesman added that the program is between TCI and its end customers. It does not include independent tire dealers as does TCI's T3 retail dealer marketing program.
``They want to refocus their energy to building their locally billed customer base,'' the spokesman said.
The program will include a service guarantee, a customer information center, a co-branded fuel credit card, a customer referral program, an emergency road service program and national coverage.
TCI has offered the customer information center and the on-call service already, but those programs have not been around a long time so they were bundled with the other services, the spokesman explained.
According to Duncan-based TCI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Michelin North America Inc.:
* The service guarantee assures that TCI will provide service to its customers within 30 minutes of the estimated time of the service vehicle's arrival or the call is free. In-shop services also are guaranteed within 30 minutes of TCI's time commitment or the next service call is free.
* The customer information center is a Web-based portal that allows customers to have access to statements, invoices, purchases, retread history and reports to manage casings.
* The fuel card is co-branded with Wright Express and will be accepted at 42,000 stations and truck stops in the U.S.
The card carries no transaction charges, but it does have a $2 per card monthly fee. A ``Daily Best Fuel Price'' Web site allows fleets to pinpoint the lowest diesel price in their markets.
* The referral program provides rewards in the form of TCI merchandise to customers who refer colleagues to TCI.
* The emergency road service supplies road service through TCI's commercial service centers 24 hours a day. The company has coverage through 113 commercial locations in 39 states and agreements with non-TCI service outlets in other states.
``The C3 program raises the level of commitment that TCI is making to the commercial truck tire service business,'' Mr. Gaetz said.