DUNCAN, S.C. (April 19, 2005) — The Commercial Division of Tire Centers L.L.C. (TCI) is launching a “C3” program June 1 for its commercial tire customers.
TCI said the new program is designed to supply local-billed customers with additional service programs to help lower their tire operating costs.
“We closely monitor how we work with our customers through surveys and input from the field, and the new C3 program is aimed at providing additional tools to enhance their business and provide improved service,” said Randy Gaetz, vice president of commercial sales and marketing for the commercial division.
The program will include a service guarantee, a customer information center, a co-branded fuel credit card, a customer referral program, an emergency road service program and national coverage.
According to Duncan-based TCI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Michelin North America Inc.:
* The service guarantee assures that TCI will provide service to its customers within 30 minutes of the estimated time of the service vehicle's arrival or the call is free. In-shop services also are guaranteed within 30 minutes of TCI's time commitment or the next service call is free.
* The customer information center is a Web-based portal that allows customers to have access to statements, invoices, purchases, retread history and reports to manage casings.
* The fuel card is co-branded with Wright Express and will be accepted at 42,000 stations and truck stops in the U.S. The card carries no transaction charges, but it does have a $2 per card monthly fee. A “Daily Best Fuel Price” Web site allows fleets to pinpoint the lowest diesel price in their markets.
* The referral program provides rewards in the form of TCI merchandise to customers who refer colleagues to TCI.
* The emergency road service supplies road service through TCI's commercial service centers 24 hours a day. The company has coverage through 113 commercial locations in 39 states and agreements with non-TCI service outlets in other states.
“The C3 program raises the level of commitment that TCI is making to the commercial truck tire service business,” Mr. Gaetz said.