John Lampe, retired as president, chairman and CEO of Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. after leading the company's recovery from the Firestone ATX/Wilderness AT recall in 2000/2001. Mark Emkes replaced Mr. Lampe April 1.
Jim Mayfield, formerly director of General brand management at Continental Tire North America Inc., joined Del-Nat Tire Corp. as vice president of marketing, replacing Dennis Cates, who left to pursue other interests.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. made several executive changes, including:
* D. Richard Stephens, formerly president of Cooper Tire, was named president of Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.'s North American tire division.
* Harold Miller, formerly vice president of corporate planning and control for Cooper, became president of the international tire division.
* Phillip Caris, formerly Cooper's vice president of marketing, was tapped as vice president of sales and marketing for the North American tire division.
* Carl Casalbore, formerly Cooper's vice president of retail sales and high-performance tire development, was named vice president, marketing and retail sales for the North American tire division.
* Patricia J. Brown, formerly Cooper's vice president, advertising and communications, became vice president of global branding and communications.
* David Craig, formerly Cooper manager of associate brand advertising and communications, was named director of advertising for North America.
Peter Tyson, formerly director of global brand support for Pirelli Pneumatici S.p.A., was named vice president, advertising, public relations and motorsports for Pirelli Tire North America Inc.
Richard Kramer, formerly Goodyear senior vice president of strategic planning and restructuring, replaced Robert Tieken as the company's executive vice president and chief financial officer. Mr. Tieken retired May 31.
Jeff Vasichek, formerly a regional manager for Goodyear's commercial tire systems, was named general manager, farm tires.
John Boyle, president of Englewood Tire Distributors Inc., was appointed chairman of the board for American Car Care Centers Inc., replacing Howard Stein, president of Target Tire.
David Kolman joined the Tire Retread Information Bureau as associate director. He is a founder of the Used Truck Association and the Truck Writers of North America.
Dick Erickson, owner of Sun Tire Inc. in Jacksonville, Fla., was elected chairman of the board of Del-Nat Tire Corp.
Asahiko ``Duke'' Nishiyama, formerly Bridgestone Corp.'s director of Americas and Europe operations, was named vice chairman and president of Bridgestone Americas Holding Inc. and Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire, replacing Yuji Tomiyasu, who returned to Japan due to ill health.
Paul Rinauro, formerly vice president and general manager of Hercules Tire & Rubber Co.'s manufacturing division, retired Oct. 31. Larry Seawell, chief financial officer of Hercules, assumed Mr. Rinauro's responsibilities.
Scott Brenner, formerly associate administrator for external affairs at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, joined the Rubber Manufacturers Association as vice president of government affairs.
Larry Morgan, former owner of Morgan Tire & Auto Inc., completed his term as president of Bowie, Md.-based Tire Industry Association (TIA). Taking over TIA's top post was Richard Gust, president of Chicago-based Lakin General Corp.'s Lakin Environmental Inc. subsidiary.
Norio Karashima, formerly general manager, original equipment tire planning, Yokohama Tire Corp. (YTC), was named president of YTC and a corporate officer of parent Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd. He succeeded Koji Ikawa, who remains CEO of YTC.