New plants on stream since August 2003
* Pune, India; steel tire cord plant; 5,000 metric tons per year;
* Chonburi, Thailand; radial truck and bus tire plant; 2,500 tires a day; 500 employees; $200 million investment.
* Wuxi, China; radial passenger and light truck tire plant; 8,000 units a day; 550 workers; $99 million investment.
Kumho Tire Co. Inc.
* Pyeongtaek, South Korea; automated radial passenger tire plant; 6,000 units/day; 180 employees; $84 million investment.
* Davydovo, Russia; radial passenger tire plant; 2.1 million units/year (rising to 6.5 million gradually); $160 million investment.
Nankang Rubber Tire Corp.
* Shanghai, China; radial passenger tire plant; 390 employees.
* Feira de Santana/Bahia, Brazil; radial passenger and light truck tire plant; 2,500 units/day (growing to 7,500 units/day by 2005); 360 employees; $120 million investment.
Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd.
* Changshu, China; radial passenger tire and light truck tire plant; 5,000 units/day by 2006; $55 million investment.
Plants closed since August 2003
Carlisle Tire & Wheel Co.
* Point Fortin, Trinidad; 7,000 units/day; bias trailer, implement and industrial tires; 100 employees.
* Mayfield, Ky.; passenger and light truck tire plant (7,300 units per day, 800 employees) scheduled to cease tire production by year-end, at the latest. The factory will continue to maintain mixing and warehouse operations.
Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America
* Huntsville, Ala.; 27,000 units/day passenger and light truck tires; 1,100 hourly and salaried employees.
Goodyear/Gran Industria de Neumáticos Centroamericana S.A.
* Guatemala City, Guatemala; 3,500 units/day bias light and medium truck and agricultural tires; about 50 employees.
What issue concerns you most heading into 2019?
|The threat of more tariffs.||
27% (27 votes)
|The new Congress in Washington.||
35% (35 votes)
|Price fluctuations for the products we sell.||
10% (10 votes)
|More disruptions across the industry.||
29% (29 votes)
|Total votes: 101|