* Founded: 1946, as Sam Yang Tire Co. Ltd.
* Acquired by Kumho: 1960 (to complement and supply its growing fleets of buses and taxis)
* Current Ownership: South Korean Military Pension Fund-50%; Kumho Group-30%; other independent shareholders (primarily supplier companies) -20%
* Sales 2003: $1.3 billion; approx. 14% domestic OE; 22% domestic replacement; 64% overseas (sales in North America-$412 million)
* Earnings: $200 million (EBITDA)
* Employees: 5,077
* Sales per employee: $266,000
* Annual capacity: 40+ million tires, at plants in Goeksung, Gwangju and Pyeongtaek, South Korea, and Nanjing, China.
* U.S. subsidiaries: Kumho Tire USA Inc., Fontana, Calif. (established 1975) and Kumho America Technical Center, Copley, Ohio (established 1990).
Source: Kumho Tire Co. Inc.