With more than 300 stockholders, direct distributors and suppliers joining corporate staff in the event, Del-Nat Tire Corp. celebrated its 15th anniversary in April during its annual meeting in Memphis.
The company was founded in 1989 when the former Delta Tire Corp. and National Tire Corp. joined forces. Del-Nat President Dan Hunter said the firm expects ``this to be our best year ever.''
The group also gave out the following awards:
* Marketing leadership award: Joey Hornsby, Hornsby Tire of Ariton, Ala.
* Outstanding contributions: Bert Johnson, Gay Johnson Inc. of Grand Junction, Colo.
* No. 1 market penetration, Delta brand: Hornsby Tire.
* No. 1 market penetration, National brand: Jim Johnson, Johnson's Tire Service of Anchorage, Alaska.
* No. 1 commercial tire sales, Delta brand: Jim Looney, Looney Tire Service of Little Rock, Ark.
* No. 1 commercial tire sales, National brand: Philip Nussbaum, A to Z Tire & Battery of Amarillo, Texas.
* No. 1 international distributor: Raul Uranga, Importadora Uranga of Guadalajara, Mexico.
* No. 1 direct distributor sales, Delta brand: Dennis Dolce, Delta Tire of Corpus Christi, Texas.
* No. 1 direct distributor sales, National brand: Barry Dicker, Wedge Tire of St. Louis.
* No. 1 direct distributor commercial tire sales, Delta brand: Craig Brannon, Brannon Tire of Stockton, Calif.
* No. 1 direct distributor commercial tire sales, National brand: Jay Wagner, Chicago Tire of South Holland, Ill.